Thursday, January 20, 2011

Shakeology - What is it?

You've seen me post occasionally on Facebook about Shakeology.  I wanted to do a blog on it, because I've been getting questions lately about what it is.  It is AMAZING!!  The reason I haven't posted on it sooner, is because I wanted to use it for at least a month to see what benefits it really gave me prior to really giving my opinion and recommendation.  As a Beachbody coach, you can order this through me, however, I really wanted to use the product myself first before recommending it.  Well, I've been using it at least once a day for a little over a month now - and here's what it's done for me:
  • I've lost an additional 6 pounds (after maintaining for about 7 months)
  • GREATLY reduced my caffeine intake
  • Reduced cravings for "bad" foods
  • Increased my energy level
  • Improved my digestive health significantly
Shakeology comes in two flavors, Chocolate and Greenberry.  I've tried both, and I like both.  Personally, the Chocolate is my favorite.  I blend it with 1 banana, 1 Tbs. peanut butter, 1 cup water, and 5 ice cubes.  It is absolutely DELICIOUS.  I actually crave it now....they aren't kidding when they say it tastes like dessert! 
Here's a picture of my favorite way to blend it.....on my kitchen counter.  :-)

Ready to blend....                              ready to drink!!!





Shakeology is a combination of 70 different ingredients, including antioxidants, phytonutrients, enzymes, prebiotics, protein, and many rare ingredients - including adaptogens, camu-camu, and sacha inchi.  You may be wondering about the cost - and in the interest of full disclosure, I will tell you that I first flinched at the price of $4/shake(meal).  At first, I thought there was no way I could afford it, but the ingredients and reviews had me so curious that I had to try it.  If you figure you are replacing a meal, $4.00 really isn't that bad...in fact for the nutrition you are getting, it is pretty outstanding.  If you consider your normal lunch (Subway, McDonald's, etc.) costs you in the $5-$8 range - you could save money, lose weight, and improve your health by switching to Shakeology!  In addition, Beachbody beleives in this product so much, that they offer a 30 day "bottom of the bag" guarantee.  If you use it for a month and decide you just didn't like it, you can send back the EMPTY bag, and they will refund your money! 
If you are interested in learning more about the nutritional benefits of Shakeology, watch this video!!  It is about 13 minutes long, and does and excellent job of describing the benefits of this nutritional powerhouse.


If you want to do a little more informational exploring on your own (or order Shakeology), visit my website - www.shakeology.com/tracimcginnis

If you would like to try a free sample, contact me either via Facebook or my email address:  tracim@frontier.com

Yours in health,
Traci



No comments:

Post a Comment